When DVD X Copy hit the scene in 2003 it revolutionized the way we protect our disc investments. Soon after a wave of competitors starting cropping up. After the dust settled there were only a handful of DVD Backup apps that actually worked and were consistently updated, which is what makes a DVD Copy software elite. DVDFab is one of these titles that stood the test of time and they haven’t gone anywhere. I would say that are in my top 3 choices overall for DVD Copy. Mainly because of the reliability I have come to expect.
Positives with DVDFab:
Well, DVDFab DVD Copy has all of the setting you would expect with this type of application. Backup entire DVD, Backup Only the Movie, Change video quality settings, Convert to Mobile formats such as for a iPod copy. Other than that what I really like to see is that is it always being updated to counteract the new copy protections showing up on newer DVD movies.
Tons of Features:
- DVD to DVD
- 8 DVD to DVD copy modes available: Full Disc, Main Movie, Split, Customize, Customize Split, Clone, Merge and Write Data.
- Full Disc: All movies, menus and trailers, is copied to a DVD with just one click.
- Main Movie: Just copy the movie, with specific audio/video.
- Split: Copy a DVD-9 onto two DVD-5 discs with 100% quality, and preserve original menus on both discs. Ideal for episodic/season DVD movies, TV series, etc.
- Customize: Personalize your DVDs! Want to make a DVD with only your favorite titles? How about cutting out those annoying commercials? Or selecting specific audio/video? No problem! You can select just your favorite titles, specify the title playback order, with or without original menus, to create a DVD with only the stuff you want!
- Customize Split: Copy a DVD-9 onto two DVD-5 discs using “Customize” way. Ideal for episode/season DVD.
- Clone: Make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of DVDs:
- Make perfect dual layer DVD copy by using the original layer break position.
- Copy data DVD disc, like PS2 DVD.
- Merge: Combine several titles of several sources into one DVD:
- Combine two DVD-9 like “The Lord of the Rings” into one DVD-9.
- Merge season DVDs to fewer discs.
- Create your own special features collection disc.
- Write Data: Burn existing DVD folder or ISO image file to DVD writer, or convert DVD folder to ISO image file.
- Burn to any blank DVD Disc (DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL).
- Constantly updated to support latest DVD burners and blank DVD discs.
- Compress DVD-9 to single DVD-5.
- Very fast copying speed, normally it’s about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Backup scratched/dirty disc:
- Even if some information (IFO) cannot be read, you can still copy Main Movie or Customize.
- Recovery from DVD reading (VOB) error.
- Support both NTSC and PAL DVD.
- Preview title like real DVD player.
It may be one of the higher priced options available but what you get is peace of mind when it comes to making a backup copy of your DVD collection. Believe me, there are tons of crappy apps out there which sometimes work but DVDFab is a true heavyweight and worth the investment.Download & Buy Options for DVDFab