If anything is guaranteed to get the tech world buzzing it is a new release from the guys at Apple. The next big event on the cards for 2012 is the launch of the next generation iPad. Here we go again!
Although there is no official word from Apple about the launch date experts are predicting that the iPad3 will hit the shelves in the second quarter of the year.
What is All the Fuss About?
The battle for the mobile computing market is growing bloodier every year. Apple currently dominate the market share with the iPad and iPad 2 still raking in big money every month. However, other manufacturers are hitting back furiously and have released some very competitive products in recent months. Samsung is also due to release the Galaxy Tab in 2012 which shows great promise and the next generation of Acer Iconia tablets are set for release in the same year.
The iPad 3 will have to be something very special to retain Apple’s hold on the market share and Apple fans and critics are eagerly waiting to see just what prize winner is next out of the Apple stables.
iPad 3 Features:
The iPad is the bestselling tablet on the market, bar none. The sleek design and usability set the bar high for other manufacturers and created a functional and aesthetically pleasing tablet device that quickly become a cult hit.
There have been several product rumours and announcements surrounding the iPad 3 that give us just a taster of what may be to come:
- Reports suggest that the iPad 3 will offer enhanced screen resolution of an impressive 2048 x 1536. This is twice that of the iPad2 and as yet no other manufacturers have managed to release anything near this onto the market.
- The design will also be even thinner and sleeker than previous tablets, down by as much as 20% in overall size.
- Full touchscreen HD displays will remain standard with enhanced functionality.
- Battery usage has always been an issue with iPads and reports suggest this has been resolved somewhat with the iPad3 with improved battery life and reduced weight.
- Battery problems could also be solved with eagerly anticipated wireless charging technology. This would allow the battery to charge without the need to plug the iPad3 into a socket.
- The A5 processor in the iPad2 was very powerful, and Apple have gone one step further with the impressive new A6 processor for the iPad3.
- This Quad-core processor should make the iPad3 just as powerful as a high-end desktop but with all the convenience of a mobile device. Just another nail in the coffin for traditional desktop computing packages.
- It is likely that the latest version of iOS 5 will be installed on the iPad3. Experts also predict, that the powerful OS X Lion could be an alternative installation which would combine well with the new upgraded processor.
- This would enable extensive multi-tasking including watching movies, carrying out tasks and managing apps all at the same time.
- The Retina Display feature from the iPad 2 is thought to be included in an upgrade for the next generation tablet. This would enable the iPad3 to pack 4 times the number of pixels into the same space making the graphics even crisper and smoother. Hard to believe you could improve so much on the screen resolution, the iPad 2 already features an amazing HD screen!
So will you be rushing out to buy one? I think perhaps I’ll spend some more time with the iPad 2 before I commit to buying something that is so similar, but I can be easily persuaded!
This is a guest post submitted by Ben who is a MD of an SEO agency. London based, he blogs on techy subjects, as well as on travel and food on behalf of some of his clients, who include operators of airport lounges across the UK.