Our latest ‘Ask The Expert’ question comes from Andrea W. from Vancouver, BC. She asks, ‘I have a new iMac and I have an external Blu-Ray drive. What is the best Blu-Ray ripper for mac so I can copy my movies onto my hard drive?”
This is a great question because of Apple’s lack of Blu-Ray support. But many do not know that it’s still possible to work with Blu-Ray which offers great video and audio. So this answer will pertain to extracting 1080p video so you can watch it on your Mac machines.
Why DVDFab is the best choice for Blu-Ray ripping on a Mac
The advent of Blu-ray technology has revolutionized video viewing what with crystal-clear pictures, sharp definition, and true-to-life colors. Software vendors have been slow to market offering Blu-Ray support but there is one company on the cutting edge. Leading the product field is DVDFab, which I consider the only logical choice for Mac users.
• Mac OS versions 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8
• 1GHz or higher Intel-based processor
• 512GB RAM or higher system
• 100GB of memory space
• Existing internet connection
• A Blu-ray enabled disk drive
DVDFab is a cinch to use with a pleasant interface, fast processing capability, and various utilitarian controls. The product offers:
- The faculty to rip many Blu-ray files simultaneously across different titles, configurations, and CPU profiles.
- The option to sample audio and video titles before ripping.
- An array of customized menu controls to facilitate Blu-ray conversion.
- The ability to generate user experience reports and logs.
- Simple and fast internet compatibility thereby enabling speedy registration and updates.
- Extreme versatility
- DVDFab is a highly comprehensive ripping tool capable of transforming any Blu-ray configuration into workable audio-visual files. The software can decrypt all recognizable AACS copy safeguards, special MKB (version 26) codes, region ciphers (BD live) as also all User Operation Protection (UOP) categories.
- DVDFab can be used with all Apple computers including the Macbooks & iMacs.
- The software is powerful enough to output all popular Mac-enabled file formats such as:
- For video: TS, MKV, PS3, AVI, MP4 and VOB including 3D support. The software may also be used in conjunction with PAL and NTSC video categories.
- For audio: DTS, M4A, MP3,WAV, and AC3 as also 7.1 channel sound
The ripping tool even possesses 10 ready-to-convert file format options for user convenience. DVDFab permits graphical user interface-enabled batch conversion and even allows one to encode and decode in accordance with user specifications.
3. Numerous ripping functions
DVDFab encompasses several tweaks and functionalities that separate it from the competitors:
- The software can rip any portion of the audio or video file with the help of simple commencement and end user controls.
- Users may utilize a plethora of video conversion settings such as bit rate, encoding technique, image resolution, aspect ratio, frame speed, and file split – a unique ability to fragment the resultant audio-video file analogous to the primary file architecture.
- Users may also similarly personalize audio output files by harnessing bit rate, loudness, and sound frequency options.
- DVDFab serves as a potent inbuilt video editor too. One can employ and alter various settings such as image resolution, cropping control, black bar removal, aspect ratio, and conversion preview to output highly personalized files.
- DVDFab allows for the customization of audio and imaging configurations during ripping as also the facility to generate subtitles either in the output file or through the conversion process.
- The software can be configured to utilize specific sub-picture configurations for Blu-ray ripping in order to manifest the required translation effects.
DVDFab is available in both free and paid (from $60 a year) versions.Download DVDFab or Learn More