What is it?
Do you want to know how to optimize your computer? You probably already know it’s a matter of cleaning up the registry, removing duplicate files, and defragging your disk. TechGenie PC Optimizer Pro promises to take care of all this for you. The program is automated and schedules all tasks for you so that you don’t waste any time. If you’re interested in trying the program out, you can try it out here.
Type of software: Freemium (the free version does not include the full list of features); license costs $39.99 (10% off coupon makes it $36.00)
Version tested: 18.104.22.168
File size: 620.22KB
Date released: June 30, 2014
Compatible operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2000
The program’s dashboard looks simple enough to use. It’s very straightforward, even for beginner computer users. All the Menu commands can be found in the same place: registry scan, track deletion, file shredding, etc. They’re all located on the left-hand side of the program’s window. Users can also find the details of each command there.
Duplicate File Finder
The best and simplest way to make your computer run faster is to de-clutter it. Do away with all those duplicate files you don’t really need but keep anyway.
An automated registry cleaner can help you eliminate unnecessary clutter and make your machine achieve optimum speed.
The program’s developers promise to help you fully enjoy the maximum Internet speed your ISP puts at your disposal.
Though newer versions of Windows have gotten better in this respect, removing files of your machine will still leave fragmented file clusters ‘lying around’. That’s why it’s a good idea to defragment your disk volumes periodically.
- The user interface is very user-friendly and looks simple enough to use. Even a beginner user could handle it.
- The program responds quickly to commands, scans your computer with great speed and returns results.
- You can disable start-up items with the Manage Startup action (which decreases your boot up time), even in the program’s free version.
- The program comes with a built-in, exhaustive Help feature, which is probably very useful for users of the full version.
- Price is very affordable. iYogi is running a special coupon which takes 10% off the normal price of $39.99 (bringing the price down to $36.00).
- The trial version of the program has most of its features disabled. As such, it’s next to impossible to do a full, honest review of this program.
- Each selected action in the free version requires the user to provide their name and e-mail address and eventually prompts them to pay for the software. You cannot clean anything off your computer without purchase. You also can’t shred any files.
- The Manage Startup program list, generated by PC Optimizer, is not complete.
- Upon running the free version, the program claimed to find thousands of false positive issues. It ended up uninstalling completely legitimate software, such as Adobe’s Flash Player.
- The free version of the program generates annoying pop-up ads.
- As many online reviewers of the free version can attest to, the PC Optimizer Pro will slow your machine down. We, for instance, tried to scan the registry of the computer we tested the program on. At that point, the software stopped responding altogether and would not allow the user to select any items on the scanned registry list. Windows 7 users report that the operating system blocks out some of the program’s more irksome features, but many also add that it’s not worth using it, even under these circumstances.
2.5 out of 5 stars
The TechGenie PC Optimizer Pro BurnWorld Review leaves us with a somewhat negative conclusion. Though the program looks like it could be a good enough piece of software for maintaining and optimizing your computer, it’s impossible to tell if it actually delivers on this promise, based solely on the free version of the program. There are a lot of options available for PC users in this software category. We recommend that you look elsewhere and try out a program whose free version will let you check out more of its features. If you are interested in purchasing the program, make sure you use the coupon code SPEED to get 10% off your purchase.