What is it?
Isn’t it grand that our smartphones and digital cameras can now shoot high quality video? We think it most certainly is. The problem is that there are too many different video file formats out there. What if you could convert just about any format into one format that looks great? That’s precisely what the 4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum promises to do. According to the publisher’s description, this video converter software can take the most popular video formats (such as .mp4, .mov, .mts, .ts, .mts, .mxf, .flv, .avi, and .mkv) and turn them into genuine 3D/HD movies. You can also edit the output. Best of all, the program’s publisher says these processes only take a few minutes. We’ll find out if it delivers on its promises in today’s 4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum BurnWorld Review.
4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum BurnWorld Review: Specifications
Type of software: Premium (free to try for a 5 minute conversion. Platinum version costs $39.95; discounts are available for volume purchases)
Version tested: 5.2.10
File size: 30.6MB
Date released: 20 June 2014
Compatible operating systems: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Mutual conversion between popular video and audio formats
Check out the above list for the software’s compatibility. Then, add just about any other format you can think of. 4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum is able to effortlessly turn just about any format into another. It even includes 3D movies and high-definition video to the list of output formats it supports.
Audio from video extraction
Ever wanted to listen to the song that accompanies a music video, but without having to watch the video? Ever had to do a transcript of a video interview? This software will extract the audio track from the video. You can listen to whatever you want and need when you want to.
Video splitting, cropping, and joining
The program comes with a versatile editing function, which allows you to trim, crop, and join your output video. Trimming means you can adjust the video to whatever length you want it; cropping will select a specific area of the video and trim it accordingly. You specify the aspect ratio; joining basically ‘glues’ several bits of video together into a single file for viewing efficiency and ease.
Snapshots and watermarks
Want to take a screenshot of a particular frame of your video? You can do so with the 4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum. The program will automatically save the picture file in the default folder. Snapshots can be taken in preview mode. You can also personalize your videos by adding images or text watermarks.
Top conversion speed
The program’s publisher boasts the fastest conversion speed around. It converts faster than 300%. The software also fully supports dual core CPUs.
- Easy to use, especially with the new user interface that was introduced in version 5.2.10.
- Actually does provide great conversion speed, as well as quality – also an improvement of this latest version.
- Does support most video file formats, as promised (with one notable exception – see Cons below).
- Affordable. Many users that also wrote online reviews applauded the program’s price tag. They say it is great value considering the quality it offers.
- Good quality video output, especially when converting videos taken with mobile devices (iPhones, iPods, iPads, as well as other smartphones and tablets) and then viewing the output on the same device. In fact, the quality of the output comes close to that produced by professional video editing software.
- The custom profiles and built-in presets for various formats and devices are very well tuned and produce great results.
- The program’s drop-down menu has all the compatible devices neatly organized and listed, which makes them conveniently accessible.
- The video output can be tweaked and edited.
- The viewing size of the video cannot be adjusted in preview mode. The program lacks the ability to adjust the screen size to full screen, half screen, and so on.
- Does not convert .swf files, which is a shame.
- Changes to the preset profiles cannot be saved, nor can new profiles be created. If you don’t particularly like the results of using one preset, you are unfortunately stuck with it, Or, you will need to manually tweak the settings each time you use the program.
4.5 out of 5 stars
The 4videosoft Video Converter Platinum is a good program for converting, previewing, viewing and editing most video formats. Save for a few features lacking in terms of customization, it provides a great ratio of quality for money. We definitely recommended it for all amateur video enthusiasts. You can purchase the software or download the trial here.