This article will help you choose the right cucumbers for pickling with more ease. We have taken into consideration the varied needs and wants of all segments of consumers to give you the perfect guide on how to pick the right product. So that you can shop worry-free!
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Our Recommended 10 Best cucumbers for pickling Reviews 2022
- Harvest in about 70 days
- Seeds are Non-GMO, easy to grow and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States
- The "Boston Pickling Cucumber" has been around since the 19th century, and is still one of the big favorites.
- The cucumbers are flavorful and consistent in size, so they're never limited to pickle-making.
- Germination rate about 80% or better
- Produces crisp & delicious results. Producing large and continual yields of 3 to 6-inch fruits, perfect for pickling. The dark green, blunt ended cucumbers can also be used in salad, and are ready in just 55-60 days.
- Cucumis sativus; Growing: Moisture is the key to growing excellent cucumbers; keep the soil consistently moist. When the vines have developed, apply mulch or straw to conserve moisture. Seeds are great for Planting in Garden or for storing in a seed safe for emergency.
- USDA Zones: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12; Sow seeds 1/2 inch deep; Start them indoors about 2 weeks before frost, placing 3-4 seeds 1/2" deep in the pot. Keep the air temperature at least 80 degrees F.
- For more of Isla's Garden Seed products, enter Isla's Garden Seeds into your search bar on Amazon!
- Please submit a 5 star review to help the continued success of our Garden Seed Company! These are high quality seeds, be sure to fully research proper germination instructions for optimal germination rates.
- Name: 100 Boston Pickling Cucumber Seeds | Type: Heirloom
- Size at Maturity: 3" - 6" Long | Days to Maturity: 55 Days
- Light Requirement: Full Sun | Planting Time: Warm Season
- Sowing Method: Direct Sow | Planting Depth: 1 1/2" | Plant Spacing: Hills 18" apart
- FREE SHIPPING!
- 50 Seeds
- 52 Days to Maturity
- 85% Germination Rate
- 1 Package = 3 grams, approximately 120 Boston Pickling Cucumber Seeds.
- Smooth & bright-green
- 3 inch fruits have black spines.
- Very high yields.
- 2014 all America selections regional award winner! a semi-bush variety that yields 10-20 White spined pickles per plant. Good disease resistance and Best harvested when 3-6" long
- Each packet contains 30 seeds
- Sow outdoors 4 weeks after the average last frost date and harvest in 50 days
- Plant Height is 10". plant spread is 24". yields 3-6" fruit
- Annual for all growing zones from 1-11. Sunlight exposure = full-sun
- Beautiful -- Full-color packet of National Pickling Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) seeds, a heavy producing self-pollinating variety that is burpless and wonderful for pickles or eating fresh. Sweet skins do not need to be peeled. Minimum of 1g per packet.
- Outdoor or Greenhouse; Increased yields if allowed to climb a trellis, whether outdoors, in a container, or under a greenhouse.
- Enjoy Fresh Cucumbers -- Cucumbers are great in salads, mini English sandwiches, drinks or just eaten plain. Pick early for gherkins. Cucumbers are a must for many Japanese and Asian dishes.
- Easy to Grow -- Instructions included on each packet with additional growing tips, harvest instructions, recipes, etc. in the “How To” section of our website. Plus we are available to answer your questions as well. If these seeds don’t germinate, we will happily make it “Right” for you.
- Safe Seed -- Sow Right Seeds has taken the Safe Seed Pledge and sells only Non-GMO heirloom seeds that are safe for you and your family.
- The perfect pickling cucumber; petite and crunchy. This 3-4" pickling cucumber produces fruit on every node of the restricted 2-3' vine
- Each packet contains 30 seeds
- Sow outdoors 4 weeks after the average last frost date and harvest in 56 days
- Plant Height is 15". plant spread is 24". yields 3-4" fruit
- Annual for all growing zones from 1-11. Sunlight exposure = full-sun
- 🥒 90+ Heirloom Cucumber Boston Pickling (Cucumis sativus) variety vegetable seeds. Originating in 1877, Boston Pickling is the most popular cucumber to be pickled as the name implies. Smooth surfaced, bright-green, 3-inch fruits have black spines and blunt ends. Very high yields. Bears continually if kept picked.
- 🥒 55 Days to harvest. he Boston Pickling cucumber is an early variety of cucumber that is sweet, tender and seedless. The Boston Pickling is large and smooth with a soft outer layer. Since this variety is mature in just fifty five days, a steady harvest can be achieved by planting regularly throughout the season.
- 🥒 Cucumbers usually have both male and female flowers. It is the female flower that produces fruit while the male flower produces primarily pollen. Sow between March and April. Boston Pickling has a vine growth habit that spread across the soil. Harvest between July and August when the fruit is 3 inches long. If cucumbers turn yellow, it's too late.
- 🥒 These vegetable garden seeds for planting are packaged in a durable, fully sealed Mylar package for extended shelf life. Most home garden size seed packets are packaged in a paper seed packet, which may become wet or break open during shipment. Our Mylar packages ensures the longest term shelf life available, making this product an excellent addition to your survival seed food storage.
- 🥒 Our Mountain Valley Seed customer service and workforce is proudly based in the United States. We believe everyone should experience the joy of growing!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Fruit, Ms. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 559 Pages - 02/28/2020 (Publication Date) - Ms. Fruit (Publisher)
The Buying Guide: Our Advice on How to Buy the cucumbers for pickling
Before you invest your hard-earned money into a product, you should properly educate yourself about the available products and the best alternatives in the market. We have compiled the list of factors you should consider before buying a cucumbers for pickling to make your task easier.
Like almost any product, before buying a cucumbers for pickling, you should ask yourself these few questions:
- How reputable are cucumbers for pickling in comparison to market competitors?
- How durable and long-lasting are they, and how easy is it to service or fix them if something goes wrong?
- Why is it worth buying cucumbers for pickling instead of other products?
- What are some key features and highlights of cucumbers for pickling? Are those features worth it for your needs?
- What are some positives and negatives of cucumbers for pickling, and how do they affect your user experience?
- Where can you buy cucumbers for pickling and service or repair it if necessary?
These are just some of the questions that you need to seek the answer to when purchasing the product. It is essential to keep in mind that you may have further queries and questions, as you should.
These are just a few considerations that we consider absolutely crucial. You can find detailed answers to almost all of your questions by some internet research or even by trying out the product at the store.
Summarized Tips on Why You Should Buy from an Online Marketplace
In the year 2022, you have a multitude of options every time you look to buy a new product. You have traditional retailers, department stores, online marketplaces, etc. We believe that for your next purchase, you should seriously consider online marketplaces.
Online platforms come with loads of facilities designed to make your entire shopping experience better. They are reputable, well regarded, and provide you with the opportunity to shop from your home and get the best deals.
A very important thing you get when buying from an online platform is flexibility and convenience. In our busy lives, it is quite hard to find the time to visit a physical store. Meanwhile, you can buy anything you want, including cucumbers for pickling from an online store, while you are taking a break at work or doing your chores.
As it should be clear to you by now, there are a multitude of benefits when you go with an online platform over physical stores. Some of the benefits are summarized below in a few key points:
Online platforms quite often offer the best value in the market. There are many sellers who sell cucumbers for pickling. However, thanks to the wide dealer and supplier network as well as advanced supply chain management, online platforms can almost always undercut the competing physical stores.
Online platforms also often give discounts and sales, especially around the Black Friday event and other festivities. You can find deals that you simply can’t find anywhere else.
Reliability is one key concern when you buy from an online retailer without physically testing the product. You simply don’t have the option to check the product before buying, so you must rely on the site.
Thankfully, online platforms usually offer warranty and easy replacement on many brands and products, including cucumbers for pickling. You can avail all the warranty facilities of any regular store, all from the comfort of your own home.
Their extended warranty policies make sure that if you do end up encountering an issue on any product, you won’t incur financial losses. In fact, you can get a replacement product in a short period. This sort of guarantee makes shopping from online platforms a breeze. This is a primary reason so many people are switching to shopping from online platforms.
Huge Variety And Selection
The online platforms around the world are growing exponentially in size, and that applies to the selection of products as well. As they get more popular, more and more brands sign up to sell their products on online platforms.
They have a wide range of products across many categories, divided and organized well. This helps you find exactly what you are looking for easily. You may even get software-generated recommendations for products you may need. This includes cucumbers for pickling and many more.
Having a huge variety means that you can assess your preferences and choices. You can choose from a range of alternatives before purchasing. This is often not the case in most physical stores, where there is a limitation to the number of brands.
User Generated Reviews
Being able to read reviews from actual users of the product could prove to be very useful. Companies may often leave out some potential flaws or negatives in the product description.
But users who actually used the product can give honest and balanced feedback, which is useful to the buyers. You can take a decision unaffected by bias if you account for actual user experiences of the product you are looking for.
Being on the lookout for the right product can be challenging as there are so many good options. It can often be hard to narrow down the best products. Hopefully, this buying guide will help you pick from the best cucumbers for pickling for your unique needs.
Another important aspect is picking the right place to buy the right product. We have extensively covered the benefits of going with online platforms. We hope that this article will be informative enough in aiding you to make the best purchase decisions in the future.