What Is It?
The Roxio Creator NXT 3 is a new set of media tools designed to help users record videos, edit them and rearrange pieces creatively in media slide shows, presentations and so on. Also, the Roxio Creator allows users to burn all the media files created with the program onto CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs, so you can save all your precious and compelling files for later use and review. The sharing process is also very easy with the Roxio Creator 3 so you will be able to post everything to any social media pages you’d like, or transfer the files easily between devices. Perhaps the feature that makes this tool pack so desirable is the fact that it works as a high-quality and easy to use screen capture software, along with the being a reliable DVD burner and Blu Ray burner, of course.
So, what is Roxio Creator? According to its producers, the software is advertised as ‘the most complete media suite’, targeted both at video and media creating professionals or aficionados and at people who are simply looking for the next disc burner software. This Roxio Creator review will walk you through everything you need to know about the software.
Roxio Creator NXT 3 BurnWorld Review: Specifications
Type of software: Premium
Compatible operating systems: Windows 8, Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate), Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3.
Price: $99.95 (but usually available for half as much on Amazon).
Creator NXT 3 BurnWorld Review: Features
There are 4 sets of main feature categories of the Roxio Creator NXT:
Video and movies:
For its video editing properties, the Roxio Creator 3 offers the possibility of instant screen capture, a fast editor for easily making slide shows and videos, video conversion software for multiple formats and devices, adding soundtrack to the movies created with the multiple video editing tools and so on. You can also use the software to capture video streaming files from online sources. Plus, you also have the option of creating (and recording) HD quality videos and creating advanced effects in all videos. These include green screen effects, video stabilization or rotating, as well as Hollywood-style video effects. These Hollywood-style effects mean adding weather and environmental visuals to any pre-existing videos, such as rainfall, fairy dust, sparks, fog, fire, snowstorm or smoke. You can even create 3D Hollywood-style videos and DVDs, so, basically, sky’s the limit.
Music and audio:
The audio editing software allows you to preserve audio recordings preserved on old and now unsupported formats, like LPs and tapes, or enhance music and audio recordings by adding special effects and so on. You can also easily create mixes and collections and burn them directly onto a disc with Roxio Creator 3’s burning tools. Extras include extracting audio from a video file, recognizing and identifying the audio soundtrack automatically (when you just want to know the name of that one song), creating your own custom made ring-tones etc.
Photo and sharing:
The rue star of the program’s features is the FastFlick app which allows you to create video compilations or image slideshows in a matter of minutes and then to share them with various social media platforms (or connected devices) effortlessly. This is the real age of instantaneous visual content sharing. The image editor is also just as rich in its tools as the video editor is, so the options are quite varied in this area as well. Also, the Roxio screen capture tool can be just as easily used for strictly image purposes, not only for video.
Data and copy:
The Roxio Creator NXT works as a disc burner flawlessly. It features the industry’s top quality standard for its burning tools, but with a much friendlier interface, designed precisely with the video and image editor user in mind. You can just drag and drop and burn, as easy as that. There are also various options for creating DVD compilations easily, the backup run smoothly, and you can also burn a DVD copy from an ISO file (and not many burning programs can boast such a feat).
- The variety of video editing and video conversion tools is impressive, and very few similar software packs on the market are a match. If this was the only feature of the Roxio software, we would still recommend you to get it.
- The sharing support is also impressive, especially
- The FastFlick (the multimedia 3-step app tool) is able to help you create a video or a slideshow in just a couple of minutes whenever you’re in a hurry and don’t necessarily need to go through all the actual editing tools you can use.
- The price is quite low considering the high array of options and tools and how professional-like the advanced tools are.
- You can upgrade to the Creator 3 from pre-existing Roxio versions, so if you’re an existing older customer, the transition and installing will run even easier.
- You do need to watch some tutorials to learn how to use the tools (and the tutorials prepared are really nicely done), but when you start actually using them, you might be surprised of how intuitive and user-friendly the whole experience is.
- There are some complaints from users that the software tends to crash every now and then, and they also report the installing process to take quite a while until all the tools can be installed.
Even with the reported crashing, we still think the Roxio Creator NX 3 is a good tool pack and we’d highly recommend it for anyone interested in recording video streaming from online sources, or in having a reliable disc burner, even if they don’t have much to do with advanced video and image editing. Therefore, we declare ourselves satisfied with the program pack and recommend it wholeheartedly.