What Is It?
Tiny Burner is a Blu ray burning software developed by Softland, which also works as CD or DVD burn software. Even though we live in a technology-driven era where the best burning software has been replaced by USB flash drives and large file hosting or sharing services, nothing can really compare to the simplicity, reliability and accessibility of DVD burner software. This is what makes Tiny Burner shine among newly-developed varieties; it is one of the best DVD burning software options through its user-friendly interface, its short number of steps required for burning and – possibly its most attractive feature – its status as a free Blu ray burning software.
Generally speaking, burning software has the perks of transferring files to a physical, reliable support that you can permanently pass on or store in your home or workplace. As opposed to storing options like flash drives or external hard drives, a CD or DVD is considerably less expensive and isn’t as exposed to breaking down due to technical errors (provided you take care of it). There are countless situations in which individuals have lost vital data because of errors with their external drives; using Blu ray burning software will save you the hassle and stress of not being able to recover your files.
Nevertheless, what makes Tiny Burner one of the best burning software solutions on the market? What features and specifications does it have? How about pros and cons? We have the answers to all of your questions in our BurnWorld Review.
Tiny Burner Blu Ray Burning Software BurnWorld Review: Specifications
Type of software: Basic.
Compatible operating systems: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008/2003/2000 Server (32 and 64-bit operating systems).
System requirements: One of the best features about this program is that there are no strict system requirements and you don’t have to install any additional programs. Moreover, it works with most hardware for burning CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs. The setup for this DVD burner software is approximately 5MB, so don’t worry about it taking up space on your PC.
Recommended price: This is probably the best aspect regarding the Tiny Burn DVD burn software – it is completely free to download, with desktop and portable varieties available.
Tiny Burner Blu Ray Burning Software BurnWorld Review: Features
Here are just a few of the features that recommend this program as one of the best DVD burning software solutions that can be downloaded for free.
3 Step Process
Usually, one of the most annoying aspects of state-of-the-art software is going through a complicated setup process and an even more complicated process for performing your desired tasks with the specific software. A great feature of this DVD burn software is that you don’t have to go through countless steps to get the job done. The whole setup process will literally take only a few minutes and you can start burning CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray discs in no time. First of all, you have to download this program from their official website. Go through their short setup and then follow the three step process below to use this DVD burner software.
Here is how you can burn a disc with Tiny Burner:
- Start off by inserting the CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc in your PC. It will be automatically recognized by the software.
- Choose the files that you’d like to burn to the disc. You can do this either by using drag and drop or by selecting Add file / folder.
- Decide if you want to save your project and push the Burn button to write the CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc.
User Interface with Full Features
Even though its simplicity makes Tiny Burner one of the best burning software solutions, this does not mean that it doesn’t come packed with all of the features you require to burn discs. Its super user-friendly interface contains full features that can easily be identified by users of any levels. All options and tasks are spread out and structured systematically so you don’t have to waste time searching for them; all actions are only a couple of clicks away. As to not complicate the process, the software features five easy tabs (File, Edit, View, Tools and Help) and a handful of straight-forward icons for the most relevant tasks you will be working with (New Project, Open, Save, Burn etc.).
We all know how time-consuming adding files or folders by hand can be, especially if we’re on the run and we need to burn multiple discs. In this regard, the program incorporates drag and drop options for all files that you want to write to your CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. All you have to do is choose your desired files and drag them into Tiny Burner; they will instantly be recognized by the DVD burning software and ready to write.
Optical Media Versatility
A nice perk of Tiny Burner is that there are basically no limitations when it comes to optical media. While other types of DVD burner programs have only a limited amount of formats that are accepted, this program has limitless support. Just a few of the most popular formats that work excellently with Tiny Burn are:
- DVD+R DL (dual layer)
- BD-R/RE DL
- DVD-R DL (dual layer)
In addition to this, Tiny Burner also works as a CD, DVD and Blu ray software for burning rewritable discs. This means that you can take any rewritable Blu-ray, CD or DVD and record files on it; as an advantage, you can carry out this process in more than one session. For instance, you can begin a session and pause for the moment. All you have to do is continue some other time with another session until you choose to finish.
Multiple Burn Speed Options
Quite a few similar software providers don’t allow you to be in control of the burning speed while you write a disc. This program will let you select the optimum burning speed for your computer. While the default burning speed is maximum (Max), some users might not want to use the fastest option for safety reasons. In this regard, you can choose the smaller speed (namely 4.0X – 5,540 KB/s) for older burning hardware or if you’re afraid that your PC might freeze up during the process.
Like we briefly mentioned above, Tiny Burner allows you to burn rewritable CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays in multiple sessions. On this note, you can also hide any one of your older sessions if this is what you want. You can also change your session at any given moment; this means that you do not have to begin a new project for session changing. All you have to do is access the Session menu and change it.
- Free – One of the most appealing aspects regarding Tiny Burner is that you don’t have to pay anything to legally download it.
- Desktop & Portable – Another great part about this software is that it comes in both desktop and portable versions. Either one of these can be directly downloaded from their website, by choosing Free Download from the left-hand menu and choosing either TinyBurner (desktop) or TinyBurner (portable).The portable version is nice if you want to burn discs on other devices rather than your personal computer.
- Easy download – As opposed to most burners that require online download, for the program you don’t have to go to any external website where you have to search thoroughly for the correct download button (and not an ad that looks like it). You just need to visit TinyBurner.com and press the red Free Download button and you’ll be all set up in a matter of minutes.
- Easy to use – The program has a super easy-to-read interface that provides all of the buttons you will need to work with for burning discs. You don’t need to search through infinite toolbars and try to figure out what tens of icons stand for; the process has been greatly simplified by the provider.
- Format support – Like we mentioned in our ‘Pros’ section, the software can work with an abundance of optical media formats. This means that you are not limited whatsoever in your choice of disc for burning.
- Sessions – The freedom of starting, changing, stopping and returning to sessions is an awesome advantage to look for when searching for DVD burning software. You won’t always have all of your files prepared at a certain moment or you might want to switch sessions around, so this feature will always come in handy.
- Speed change – The option to choose between two distinct speeds is great for users who don’t have the latest PCs on the market. If you know that using max speed will harm your computer, you can choose the second option in the Burn Speed section of Tiny B.
- Lack of compatibility – Unfortunately, the fact that the program is such a small and basic program also means that it won’t be compatible with all new operating systems. The only ones accepted by Tiny B. are Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008/2003/2000 Server (32 and 64-bit operating systems), meaning that Windows 8 or Windows 10 are currently out of discussion. Additionally, the developers don’t mention anything about Mac compatibility, so Apple users might not be able to use this DVD burner software at all.
- Lack of additional features – While we don’t see this as a disadvantage when it comes to burning discs (a simple process that should be kept simple), some users might not agree with the lack of extra features. Keep in mind that the software is free and, as the name suggests, tiny, so you can’t always have it all.
To round everything up, Tiny Burner is an awesome DVD burning software solution for those who don’t want to complicate a task that should be fairly easy to begin with. Downloading it officially won’t cost you a dime, and in a few minutes your discs will be burned and ready to use for other purposes. For any other information about this program or its developers, you can visit www.tinyburner.com.